Navigation: Pastor's Message | Contact Us | Living Circle | Online Community

 

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men." - Titus 2:11



Revealed: A story of Divine Adoption


"It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. " - Johann Schiller

It has been said in Heb 12:12 that we must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, for the very reason that He is the author and perfecter of our faith. The same could be said of the story of our brother Enzo, whose testimony speaks of the manifold grace of God that writes stories amazing stories of people whose lives have been lead to faith in Christ.

Looking back from the beginning

Like most of us, I underwent a difficult life before coming to know Christ; having grown up in a seemingly regular home; except for an unspeakable relational gap between me and my father. Later on I learned from my mother that the reason for the apparent aloofness of my father was brought about by the fact that I was in truth adopted after my mother showed me a letter from my biological mother entrusting me to the care of my adoptive parents. Realizing this I, began to ask difficult questions from God as to why such a 'tragic fate' came about my life.

It was during that time that I began contemplating a lot of things which, would at times go as far as suicide. But praise God for the love and care of my mom which caused me to refrain from arriving to such rash decisions.

As time went on, when I grew up into adolescence, as most kids my age savoring the apparent ‘freedom’ that comes with living life as I pleased. Thankfully God was already at work. Without my knowing, it was at that time when I eventually come across Cristina Derillo on Friendster, who’d eventually be used by God to plant the seed of the Gospel, and who’d also get me in touch with an evangelical Christian church. It was there that I learned about God, and the joy of Christian fellowship.

However this newfound faith was easily retarded as the 'world' and its pleasures consumed my time and attention that it led me to fail in my studies.

It was there that I came to a realization that I was in fact really living an empty life and like in the story of the Prodigal Son in the Bible, I realized the necessity of repentance and turning to God in faith.

A New Beginning

Later on, God again used Cristina and her friends to invite me to Grace Bible Church. During its Easter service last April 16, 2006, God gave me a "burning desire for the Word" akin to that of the Disciples in Luke 24:32. Eventually, what was supposed to be my first visit to GBC would be followed by another and it didn’t take long for me to become involved in the church’s youth ministry, where I was immersed in the study of the Bible and in fellowship with fellow young Christians.

It was in those various activities such as the Afternoon Service message series on the Epistle to the Romans and the Restback youth retreat that I’ve found real spiritual satisfaction in terms of knowing God and experiencing Christian friendship. And as it went on, I also began to notice how I was being changed by the Lord and how He enables me to let go of my bad habits that I had long before I became a Christian.

Along with it came the realization which answers the question as to why my life unfolded in such a manner: it was for me to become a witness to the power of the Gospel of Christ in the lives of men.

Life Goes On

As of now, life along with its ups and downs still goes on for me. I’d encounter the same struggles that we as people seeking to do God’s will experience. But by God’s grace I continue to persevere in my newfound faith in Christ and I cannot help but look back feel blessed by what Pastor Lito once said to me in one of our conversations, that even though I may not be with my biological father now; it is certain that I now have a Spiritual Father in heaven Who is actively at work in my life, and a spiritual family in the church who’d care for me.

As for my parting words all that I can say is that life still goes up and down but I have Jesus to hold on to, and whatever circumstance would come my way, He will never let me down, no matter what. Never under estimate Jesus. Our mission as disciples of Christ is to tell everyone of the Good News of Jesus and my story is just one of the 'good news' that our Lord has penned.

Glory to God!

Lorenzo Capistrano

<< Home